Welcome

It's great being able to wake up next to the one you love and know that they are yours forever. It's great to be able to go through life and make memories with that significant other and all the loved ones around you. I'm glad to be able to have such a blessed life and hopefully I'll be able to share all those wonderful memories with all of you. Enjoy!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Never Dead Roses::

In February my Mom came down for a couple weeks to help me plan my wedding. While she was here we took a trip to Tai Pan to do some shopping and while we were there she got me a green vase for our table. I love the vase because it matches so perfectly in our kitchen; the only problem is whenever I put flowers in it they die :( I love flowers!! But I get sad when they die and I don’t like dealing with the mess. So I thought of a way where I could have flowers in my vase all year long and not have to worry about them dying! Blake took me to the craft store and I bought some wooden dowels and a hot glue gun. [I love my hot glue gun; I can use it for just about anything!] After we got home I took my scrap fabric from my fabric wall art and my ‘green’-board project and I made flowers! I cut 9 strips total, 3 of each color [yellow, green and black]. They were roughly 2 inches wide and 16 inches long. Once they were cut I laid the dowel at one end of the fabric and then started gluing. After the flower was done I cut a little circle out of black and white felt and covered the bottom of the roses; after a lot of synching and burned fingertips I had 9 precious flowers! I put Styrofoam in the bottom of the vase (hoping to eventually get some fake grass or something down there) and I placed the flowers delicately in. I think I love the end result but I’ve not decided if I do or really don’t yet, give me a week or so and then I’ll know. Until then, enjoy these pictures and tell me what ya think!!
Love::
Kathy T!

No comments: