Welcome

It's great being able to wake up next to the one you love and know that they are yours forever. It's great to be able to go through life and make memories with that significant other and all the loved ones around you. I'm glad to be able to have such a blessed life and hopefully I'll be able to share all those wonderful memories with all of you. Enjoy!

Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas Joys

Saying Christmas was awesome this year is a serious understatement! Blake and I got some gooood stuff from Santa, family, and each other. 
all the blue/penguin/girly presents are to me from Santa/Blake... I got spoiled! The shiny ones on the left are to Blake from me minus some that I hid from him. 
I sadly didn't get any pictures of the presents being opened but I got some of the damage after they were all opened and boy was it a mess!
  Oh don't worry, there was more wrappings in the kitchen. I was a lucky girl the next day, when I woke up, Blake had it all cleaned up :) sweeeett.

Blake got two special gifts from me some new Kobe shoes,
 (because I made him ruin his old ones when we went and cut down our Christmas tree. I wore his big boots because I forgot mine :s So he had to wear his nikes.)
 I was super excited to give him his Kobe's because they were the last ones sold by Nike in his size, anywhere. Seriously. They came alllllll the way from Kittery Maine! 
His next gift was a geeetar!! Whaat!
I love it, and better yet.... so does he! He got some nice accessories to go with it. I love listening to him play it. (we're going to start a band but shhhhh.... it's a secret for now). The goal is to get another guitar and jam together! But for now listening to him play is just as nice. He got some other little gifts like jerrrrkkkyy, candy, body wash, etc, etc.

Now...
On to me!
I got super spoiled. For times sake I'm only going to list my top 3 favorite gifts.

1: New Scriptures!
My parents bought me my own set of scriptures for my 15th birthday and as you can guess through all that seminary and church and mutual, they got pretty banged up and written all over to the point that I could barely read them. Since I'm starting this new chapter in my life, I asked Blake for new scriptures with my new name! They're gorgeous and I've already put them to good use with my crayola colored pencils! 


2: A Silhouette SD!
This gift, I kind of saw coming. I mean, I asked and asked and asked. It was on the top of both Christmas lists I wrote and I have been talking about it since August.  This is by far one of the coolest crafting machines! 
 
Along with my Silhouette I got some vinyl, sketch pens and gift cards for their online store. I haven't done to much with my machine yet but I have done some little things here and there. I'm kind of hesitant to use the vinyl on our walls because I don't want to waste it if we're just going to be moving :s good thing I'm learning patience right?! Also the software is kind of hard to use but I'll figure it our eventually. All I know is that this machine is pure bliss!

3: A Sewing Machine!!
Now, this was a complete surprise!! and I love it! When I unwrapped my present my heart just dropped and I immediately took it out of the box! After we had everything put away and the family room all cleaned up I went straight to my craft room and started cleaning organizing and scheming. Then I hit walmart and got yards and yards of $1.50 fabric. My sewing machine was from Blake and Scott and Lynell and it's perfect!
  
Along with my sewing machine I got some awesome sewing supplies like my Gingher scissors, a rotary cutter, a cutting matt and some other sewing stuff.
The first thing I did with my sewing machine was this 'imagine' set I've been working on for quite some time now. It turned out just how I had imagined lol and it sure does look lovely in my little craft room :)[[Thanks Brenna and Kylee for helping me spray paint those frames!]]
 Next thing I made was this little apron and oven mitt set for my little niece Brookyln.

Along with her little set I made a picture using my silhouette to hang in her little kitchen

Blake and I thoroughly enjoyed Christmas! We spent a lot of time with his family and we spent a lot of time with each other! I've been having lots of fun with my new toys! 

How about you?! What fun things did you get?!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and an even better New Year!

Love Mrs. Thompson

No comments: