Welcome

It's great being able to wake up next to the one you love and know that they are yours forever. It's great to be able to go through life and make memories with that significant other and all the loved ones around you. I'm glad to be able to have such a blessed life and hopefully I'll be able to share all those wonderful memories with all of you. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blessings

Lately I have been so, Go. Go. Go. that I haven't really spent any time to enjoy my blessings, days or think. 
I always seem to worry about things that seem so important then and there 
but when I take a step back and look at the big picture those big, important tasks are really just small daily doings. Like:: 
where do i need to be next?
what bills have been paid? 
which ones need to be paid? 
and how much money is left for savings?
 when am i going to sit down and plan the nursery lesson?
 what needs to be cleaned now?
 what am i going to do with the kids tomorrow?
 is there gas in the car?
how many loads of laundry can i get done in 30 minutes?
when was the last time i went to the gym?
have i told Blake i loved him lately?
what was the last meal i ate?
etc, etc, etc.
I get so caught up and stressed out about all the little things that I forget about the truly important things in my life that really need my attention. I start to think about all the things I need to get done and all the things I don't have time for that I get stressed to the point of breaking down.
Today was one of those days, just busy busy and I felt like I would never get any task done. big or small. I was lucky enough to get off work 2 and a half hours early. So instead of working until 11 I got off at 8:30. On my drive home my mind was running 100 words per second of everything i could get done before bedtime. But when I opened the door I was surprised to see Blake had cleaned up the family room and kitchen. Talk about heart swell
As i sat down on the couch to enjoy a few moments with my Mr. Thompson my thoughts instantly switched from 'everything i could get done' to all the blessings in my life. 
Blessings I have taken for granted the past couple of weeks.
So, as a late New Year resolution I have added to my list 
Counting my Blessings
every day I'm going to take at least a few moments out of my day to recognize and appreciate a blessing in my life. My life is a gift, not a chore or a to do list. It's something to be cherished and not stressed. Some days I'll post my blessing and some days I won't. But for the most part I'll try to get something posted.

Today I am blessed for my Husband. he's definitely stood strong for me the past couple weeks. Last week was reaaallllyyy stressful for me and he knew exactly how to cheer me up. I'm grateful the Lord has sent him to me and I'm especially grateful for my in-laws for raising such an amazing man! Scott, Lynell... You're amazing.
Blake... I love you! You are the best Husband a girl could ask for!

Well, hope you all had a great day! Please, don't forget about the wonderful blessings the Lord has given you. No matter how hectic your life may seem, there are always wonderful blessings right around the corner!!
**Goodnight!**

Mrs. Thompson!




No comments: