Welcome

It's great being able to wake up next to the one you love and know that they are yours forever. It's great to be able to go through life and make memories with that significant other and all the loved ones around you. I'm glad to be able to have such a blessed life and hopefully I'll be able to share all those wonderful memories with all of you. Enjoy!

Monday, April 5, 2010

The first week of the married life!

Our first week of marriage was a breeze!... Haha our wedding was great, more rushed then I wouldve liked it to be but altogether it was a blast! I got to stand across from my beloved Blake and call him my husband. I can't wait til we can kneel across one another in the temple and become sealed for the rest of eternity! Along with the great wedding came a great honeymoon! We spent Saturday in an AMAZING cabin up at sundance, thanks to my parents! And then we spent the rest of the week in Vegas! Shopping, walking the strip, and going to a lot of exhibits and an aquarium! While on our honeymoon we spent a few nights at the hard rock and the rest of the nights at the new Aria hotel!! We got an amazing corner view suite!! Our honeymoon was really relaxed and fun!! We spent every minute of every hour by each others side (which was no different from our ordinary days lol). When we got home we opened presents and with our wedding gift cards we remodeled our WHOLE place!! Lol it looks way nice and feels more like OUR home everyday!! Blake and I have not yet broken the habit of staying awake until 3 in the morning haha I think that one is gonna take awhile! We stay up all night hanging curtains, decorating or laying in bed watching CSI with a bowl of cereal in hand. I LOVE being able to wake up next to Blake in the mornings! Even though his stinky feet stink up the whole room lol ;] Foxie is doing great! She is one of the best parts of Blake and my life together! We even headed home from our honeymoon a couple days early because we were missing her terribly haha. She is still a great puppy and we love having her around especially at nights when she returns to her spot between Blale and I, curls up in a ball and snuggles to sleep. Eventually when Blake and I buy a home we will add another little pup to our family so our Foxie has a companion :] As you all know Easter was yesterday! Blake and I decided that we weren't going to give each other anything for Easter so we could save money. Well... When I woke up I headed into the kitchen to start frosting my sugar cookies, I turned the corner and this...
Is what was waiting for me!! I instantly started to bawl, walked back to our room, got back into bed, and curled up next to my husband! He just laughed at my tear stained cheeks, kissed me, and told me he loved me. This will forever be a remembered moment in my life. After I finished frosting all the cookies Blake and I packed up our stuff and headed over to the party at Gran and Grandads house! There I tried my first piece of lamb.... Yum :/ haha after lunch we hid eggs and the kidos went out and collected them. Blake and I then went and got our Fox at home and then went to his parents house where a couple hours later Nick, Clenece and thier little kids showed up! We ended the night with dinner and a HUGE sleepover at Scott and Lynells house (Blakes parents :]) Although I wasn't able to celebrate Easter with my family back at Orem, I was able to spend it with my new family! I have been so blessed! On March 27, 2010 I not only obtained a husband but I gained 3 beautiful nieces, 2 oh so handsome nephews, a great mother and father, 2 amazing sisters and 2 brothers! (1 of whom I can't wait to meet when he gets back from his mission in August!) the Lord has blessed me SO much and I look forward to every night when I am able to kneel down and thank him for all that he has given me! I will forever be grateful! Thanks for reading! Hope to post again soon! Love always Kathy A. THOMPSON!!! ;)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Kathy you are so beautiful!I am soo happy for you!! So sorry I couldn't make it to see you on your specail day. I love reading your blog hope ya don't mind :) if you give me your e-mail I can send ya an invite to my blog and we can be blogging buddies! Luvv ya!
-Alyssa (casper!) haha