Welcome

It's great being able to wake up next to the one you love and know that they are yours forever. It's great to be able to go through life and make memories with that significant other and all the loved ones around you. I'm glad to be able to have such a blessed life and hopefully I'll be able to share all those wonderful memories with all of you. Enjoy!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Yummy!

So the past couple of weeks Blake and I have had NO food in our pantry. Well no food that we could make a legit meal out of, so the other night we went, SHOPPING!! Let me first tell you how much I love grocery shopping with Blake. He is SO funny! I mean I think normally I would be upset about spending hours looking at the back of bacon packages to see which one has the least amount of fat, but with Blake i'm helpless! Haha I can't help but laugh about how precise he is when it comes to little stuff like that :) I was always nervous when I lived in my apartment when it came to shopping. I had to get the smallest carton of milk and heaven forbid I buy eggs because there is no way I could finish off all of them solo. I hated wasting food. Especially now since I have to pay for it and not my parents :p lol But being married to Blake has had it's stress relivers. Like for instance, no more wasted food! YESS! That boy eats SO much food! I don't know where he puts it all! I mean we go through about 2 gallons a WEEK! and maybe if we're lucky we can drag it out to two weeks. MAYBE. haha the amount of cereal Blake eats is unreal. When we go to the store he gets HIS two choices of cereal and I get MY two choices of cereal, but with the rate that he polishes threw the Life and Lucky Charms cereal I'M LUCKY if I even get a few bowls of my Honeycomb or Coco Puffs! Haha (When we pick out our cereals and I'm picking mine, I always pick Coco Puffs because I know Blake LOVES them! Even though he won't pick them out for his choice because he knows I will) So with the cereal aside and practically gone Blake and I were in urgent need of more food supplies! But with his recent foot accident I've been kind of hesitant to leave him at home. I know, I know. It's just a little toe but when Blake texted me and told me he smashed his foot and was heading to the hospital not knowing the extent of the damage, I had no choice but to think the worst. A million things were passing through my mind and I had no idea what I was going to do. The first thing that crossed my mind was to kneel down and pray. I don't think my first instinct for anything was ever to kneel down and pray but this time I felt it hit me like a brick. I knelt down and asked for comfort, I asked the Lord to be with Blake and help him deal with the pain, I asked the Lord to help me stay calm. I know he was with Blake and I that day. When I showed up at the hospital and saw his foot I was totally surprised. Blake was lucky the jumping jack only got his toe. The doctor said it looked like he broke his toe. That he'd be surprised if he didn't. Well we took the x-rays and then got them back. Luckily no broken toe! Blake and I were blessed. The doctor ended up taking off his toenail, stitching the cut underneath it, putting on a fake toenail, bandaging it all up and then sending us on our way. the stitches will be gone in a week-10 days and then after that it shouldn't be much longer until he will be able to get back to work :)I am so thankful for what the Lord did for us Friday. Out of all that could've happen, a toenail and a couple weeks is all the was lost! ANYWAYS, with Blake being injured and me not wanting to leave him at home limping away he came to the store with me :) hahahaha it was the FUNNIEST thing!! He got to use one of those electric cart things and he was having the time of his life peeling out around the corner of the isles and testing the machines speed and agility haha it totally made my day! When all was said and done though we got what we needed and Blake had to say goodbye to his new favorite toy :( but not until he fully drained the battery haha! I am proud to say though after a fun trip to the store we now have a full stocked pantry, fridge and freezer! and I am a HAPPY camper! <3 Well everyone, Stay tuned and find out if I actually cook something ;) I got this wonderful slow cooker from my Sister-in-law Amber and her family and I am really hoping I can muster up some courage to make this meal I've been dying to try!! wish me luck :) ::Thanks for reading!! Hope to post again soon!!! Kathy A. THOMPSON

No comments: