Welcome

It's great being able to wake up next to the one you love and know that they are yours forever. It's great to be able to go through life and make memories with that significant other and all the loved ones around you. I'm glad to be able to have such a blessed life and hopefully I'll be able to share all those wonderful memories with all of you. Enjoy!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Where has all the time gone?!

Oh I know... Biolife. It's now day four since I started my job. Today I work 11:00 to 8:00 so I thought I stop by and chat. I've been going in at 7am and staying until 3:30pm the past few days training. Training is rough guys. I'm talking 1,000+ page SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) books to read. When you first start they give you a packet with a HUGE list of SOP's that need to be read. About 25 SOP's on each page and 14 pages,  each SOP can range anywhere from 2-35 pages long. Haha the funny thing is you read all this stuff and you have absolutely NO idea what you're reading. 
But you still have to read it to be approved by the FDA. Not only do you have to read all those SOP's you have to take texts on what you read and get 100%! You have 3 try's to get 100% and if you don't get it you have to go back and re-read thate SOP you missed. The kid training with me and I finished our job skill training list after about 18 hours of gruesome gruesome reading and testing lol. We were then given our placements. I was hoping to get MH/Med History. That's working up front checking in the donors, checking vitals, pricking fingers and all that not as overwhelming stuff but... nope, I got the floor. blah...great! I'll start training as a phlebotomist, I'll learn how to put the sets on the machine and how to hook the donors up which means, I'm learning how to stick someone... eeeeekkkkkk. Wish me luck. But get this when you finally think you're done reading, they slap another job skill packet filled with SOP's and videos on the table. I thought I was going to just go out on the floor and follow my trainer, but again... nope. Today I hope to finish my Pleb job skills 1-3, hit the floor a little, pass off my sets, and then start on my job skills 4-7. But we'll see. (haha 'we'll see' is my new term, "what time you off today?" "I think 3 but we'll see." How are your managers?" "Pretty cool but, we'll see." Want to go out to dinner tonight?" "Sure but, we'll see.") Haha I literally say it after everything! So far though, I do like my managers and my co-workers. They're all very nice and friendly. I guess you have to be upbeat and positive when you have all 60 donor beds filled and a line of donors out the door for 4 hours straight. My Pleb trainer is pretty cool, I can't wait to get on the floor and work with her! 


BUT... long story short, my new job is pretty awesome, looonnnggg tiring days but totally worth it! I also played on the team softball game on Tuesday and it was fun! We won the 1st game, lost the 2nd, won the 3rd. (Blake even brought the pups and we played at the park for a little bit) We play again on Tuesday :) 


I hope you all are doing great! Thanks for reading, I'll try to post as much as a 40 hour work week lets me! 


XOXO: Kathy T!

No comments: