Welcome

It's great being able to wake up next to the one you love and know that they are yours forever. It's great to be able to go through life and make memories with that significant other and all the loved ones around you. I'm glad to be able to have such a blessed life and hopefully I'll be able to share all those wonderful memories with all of you. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

I Hope You Know How Much I Love You

"Do your best, and learn to be content. Be good and keep the Spirit. Be nice and choose happiness when things are hard. Don't worry, God loves you, and he is near. Keep your eternal perspective." -John Bytheway

The other day I was feeling a little unmotivated so I went out, bought a journal and the book I Hope You Know How Much I Love You, curled up in some jamies and got to reading and writing. 
I read and wrote all through the night and these are a few things I learned or enjoyed...

1: some things are simple, and some things are simply true.

2: we have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley

3: Contentment is a spiritual gift, while competition is a manmade distraction from what is really important.

4: The spirit isn't just there to make you feel nice while the world is beating you up. The Spirit is an infusion of enabling power and allows you to push back against the world.

5:I don't know what will happen today, but I can choose to respond delightfully to anything that does happen, good or bad.

6: If I were married to me, would I be happy? Would I love being around me? Am I fun to be with?

7: My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me, I cannot choose the colors He worketh steadily. Oft times He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride forget He sees the upper but I the under side. Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly, shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why. The dark threads are as needed in the Weaver's skillful hand, as threads of gold and silver in the pattern life has planned. -Benjamin Malachi Franklin

8: The future of this world has long been declared; the final outcome between good and evil is already know. There is absolutely no question as to who wins because the victory has already been posted on the scoreboard. The only really strange thing in all of this is that we are still down here on the field trying to decide which team's jersey we want to wear. -Jeffrey R. Holland

9: I am the envy of thousands of women, because I have a husband who loves and appreciates me.

10: An eternal perspective makes every problem temporary, no matter how permanent it may seem right now.

Life has a way of tearing you down; emotionally, physically, and spiritually. It's up to you to get down on your knees and ask the Lord for the help to recharge your mind, body, and soul. I know I can't be perfect and for me to think that's possible is silly. There are many areas that I could definitely improve. I am no master chef, I can't keep my house clean for longer than 24 hours, sewing skills are mediocre, dishes pile up, education is on the back burner, work is exhausting, I don't tell my husband how much I appreciate him enough,  serving others is non-existent, and so on. Being confined to the couch 24 hours a day for 9 days left me with no choice but to point out all my flaws (and boy is it a looong list) and it has gotten me discouraged.  But this past week I have come to realize I don't have to be 100% in all those areas. I can just pick one and work on improving it and then move on to another area. Even if I improve by 5% I can find pride in the fact that I am working on becoming a better person. As long as I am doing my best, learning to be content, being good and keeping the Spirit, being nice and choosing happiness when things get hard, not worrying, remembering God loves me and is near and keeping my eternal perspective. I'll be able to live a happier life and be content with the thought that my Lord is proud of me. And that I am thankful for. 

Xoxo: Kat

No comments: